Wednesday, April 21, 2010
The EPA suggests you pick five things you can do.
Here are some suggestions:
• Dispose of waste properly. Practice reusing, recycling and buying products made from recycled materials.
• Buy the least-toxic product for cleaning or lawn care. Do "grasscycling," letting clippings fall on the lawn.
• Avoid products that have excessive packaging. Buy in larger quantities and save the trees and landfills.
• Look for water leaks in your home. Check the meter when no water is being used. After two hours, check it again. If the number has changed, there's a leak somewhere.
• Plant a tree. It will provide cooling shade and help to keep the air clean.
• Save energy. Turn off extra lights.
• Get a car with good mileage.
• Buy products made from recyclables, which uses less energy than creating the same products from new materials.