The statewide return on investment increased from $6.54 in 2004 to $8.32 in 2008. The current study also examines the social value of public libraries and provides a return on investment calculation for each county.
Florida Libraries Support a Strong Economy
- Jobs Created — A job is created for every $3,491 of public support to Florida libraries.
- Income or Wages Increase — Income (wages) increases by $22.97 for every dollar of public support to libraries.
- Gross Regional Product Increases — The value of all goods and services produced in the state of Florida increases by $10.57 for every dollar of public support to libraries.
Libraries Provide Essential Services
- Public libraries help people learn new things no matter their age.
- Public libraries improve a community by helping people learn new skills so they can get better jobs.
- Public libraries attract good businesses to the area.